Sign in to follow this  
Steve C

Steve

Hello,

I want to build a header that is different on alternating pages. This is needed to publish a book where the author name is at the top of the odd pages and the title of the book is on the even pages. How do I do this please.

Hi Steve,

After opening your PDF file in our program, please click the Edit>Header&Footer>New Header&Footer button, enter the author name in the box where you want to display, then click the Page Range button to choose odd pages to insert. Then click the Header&Footer button again to add another one, you can enter the title in the box where you want, and click the Page Range button to choose even pages to add.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply. I have to say the way the headers work is completely frustrating.  To get a top right (odd pages) and a top left (even pages) as well as a bottom centre means building three header/footers. If you then want to edit one of them, all three are deleted and you have to start again. I've tried saving three different file names, still does not work. Am I doing something wrong? The user should be able to complete one dialogue for all three elements of he headers and footers.

13 hours ago, Daphne said:

Hi Steve,

After opening your PDF file in our program, please click the Edit>Header&Footer>New Header&Footer button, enter the author name in the box where you want to display, then click the Page Range button to choose odd pages to insert. Then click the Header&Footer button again to add another one, you can enter the title in the box where you want, and click the Page Range button to choose even pages to add.

Thanks

qEBXDC7.png

Yes, but when you change the odd even it changes it for all headers already existing int he dialogue. I want each header to have a different setting.

Hi again

I got it to work...but really the dialogue needs some updating. One should be able to put all three elements of the headers and footers in one dialogue and set them to odd even pages etc without having to build three separate headers/footers...something for the developers.

Hi Steve,

Actually, you can input different headers and footers on the six boxes as you want. However, these headers and footers you enter should be set for the same pages. If you want the headers and footers for different pages, then you need to set them separately. 

图像 1.png

Thanks

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro