rpatters1

Preserve Aspect Ratio of Phot

Question

I am evaluating PDFElement as a solution for inserting image files into PDFs. So far I like what I am seeing. However, I am having trouble preserving the aspect ratio of photos when I add them. The documentation says I should hold shift key while adjusting the size, but that does not work for me. Instead, what happens is either:

1. If I depress the shift key *after* clicking on a size-adjustment handle, it is as if my shift key was never pressed. The aspect ration changes freely.

2. If I depress the shift key *before* clicking on a size-adjustment handle, the handles disappear and the image is frozen. (A blue outline appears around the image, but there are no size-adjustment handles, and the image cannot be moved.)

I have tried also option and control, but these seem to have no effect.

Please advise how I can resize a photo without changing its aspect ratio.

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rebecca Chen said:

You can vote for this feature! We're hoping to use these feature suggestion forums to see which tools are the most useful to users 🙂 

How?

Hi Robert,

I wonder whether you are using Windows version or Mac version?

If you are using Window version, for how to resize the image proportionally, please check this discussion module in this forum: 

If you are using Mac version, I am afraid that we do not support this feature for now.

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

I'm having the same problem. It's a pity pdfelement does not allow scaling images while maintaining their aspect ratio – this is an essential (and rather basic) feature. I was about to buy your product just for its ability to insert images, but without proportional scaling its worthless to me.

Hey Martin,

I understand that this feature could be essential for some users who are operating on Mac. 

I will forward that suggestion to our product manager. Hopefully, our Mac version can be equipped with this feature just like Windows does.

Regards,

Heidi

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2018 at 7:07 AM, Martin Sauter said:

I'm having the same problem. It's a pity pdfelement does not allow scaling images while maintaining their aspect ratio – this is an essential (and rather basic) feature. I was about to buy your product just for its ability to insert images, but without proportional scaling its worthless to me.

Wow, that is really bad news. I just bought the product, but I must be able insert photos without them being distorted because the aspect ratio is not constrained. Not a very nice looking directory with distorted photos of the members. 

As a work around how can I determine the optimum size before I import the photo? E.q., in a field box like this?  2018-07-02_22-54-14.gif.129db75e7a80a785c0a136be316eb7c5.gif 

I can do that in Photoshop and export as Save for Web if I can figure out what the size the image should be in the field.

Edited by MikeV99

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the missing of this feature on our Mac version program, though our Windows version program supports that.

For this case, I am afraid that there seems to be no work around. 

Hopefully we will add this feature in the future update.

Thanks,

Heidi

2 hours ago, MikeV99 said:

Please hurry! This one needs to go to the top of the list!

You can vote for this feature! We're hoping to use these feature suggestion forums to see which tools are the most useful to users 🙂