colt12star

Opening from Outlook does not make PDFelement active window

Question

I am running Win 7 pro Outlook 2010 PDFelement 6.6.3.33.44. When opening a pdf attachment from an Outlook email, the computer does not automatically make PDFelement the active window so that I can see the document. I believe it used to automatically switch the focus to PDFelement - anyone else experiencing this too?

I don't see that this is a fix in the 6.7 update - I would find out but it is failing to completely download and install claiming I have no internet... although I am here on the internet writing this post.... 

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

Hi Colt12star,

For "opening from Outlook", do you refer to preview the PDF file in the outlook? I am afraid that currently our program does not support to preview in Outlook. We will develop this feature in the future.

For failing to install the updated version 6.7.0, can you please download it from the link below to try again?

http://download.wondershare.com/cbs_down/pdfelement6-pro_full2990.exe

Hope this helps.

Heidi

No, not previewing in Outlook - it should open in PDFelement and switch focus from Outlook.

I will try the download link perhaps that will fix things - thanks very much. 

Update to 6.7 has not resolved the issue. I should clarify, however, this occurs when I already have PDFelement open, and I then try to view a pdf attachment in an email. The system doesn't not automatically switch focus to PDFelement. When I switch to it, however, the document is open - I believe in prior builds this focus switching was automatic.

Hi Colt12star,

I am afraid that this issue might have something to do with the default PDF program. If during installation, you mark the choice of our program as the default PDF program, then opening the PDF file from Outlook can make PDFelement active.

If after installation, the default PDF program changes, I am afraid that you have to set it manually.

Thanks,

Heidi

Hi,

Is the previewer being worked on or added? Both in outlook and the windows previewer. Very frustrating having to open files when i just want t have a quick glance to ensure it is the correct file before emailing or sending to people?

Hi Miss Soph,

For the previewer both in Outlook and Windows explorer, our team are pre-research these two functions now. They have been taken into account by our team when we are deciding the development schedule for the rest of this year.

Thanks for your feedback.

Heidi

A previewer for Outlook would make this program truly stand out! My company uses Outlook and it is very weird to have to use two different programs when PDF Element is perfect at everything else that I want to do. I hope that there is a release in the near future.

Hi Matt,

Yes our desktop developers had a pre-research on that. It is possible to fulfill this feature if PDF Core developers can work out a solution to provide a foundation for that. 

Thanks for your support.