Sign in to follow this  
Felix B.

Wrong Colour Printings

Hi there,

using PDFelement 6 in our work environment, got 20 licenses. We work in CAD. When we make plans using transparent polygons and print them to pdf these transparents got the right colour on screen, but if we print it on a regular printer these polygons got another colour. For example a red polygon is printed blue, a cyan one is printed yellow.

Using PDF-Creator to make a PDF and printing it when viewing in PDFelement does the same problem.

Any reasons/tipps?

I attached one small file with one of these polygons.

None of these problems occured when using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Greetings, Felix

PS: Sorry for the bad English, not my first language :)

123.pdf

Hi Felix, 

Thanks for getting in touch! Just wanted to clarify a few things: 

1) The problem occurs when printing through PDFelement. Are you printing to paper or printing to PDF? If you save the PDFs and print them from your computers do the colors still change? 

2) For the image that you attached, is that what the color is supposed to be? Do you have an example of before and after? 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Clarification might be needed, guess thats my fault 🙂

The problem occurs when printing through PDFelement. Are you printing to paper or printing to PDF? If you save the PDFs and print them from your computers do the colors still change? 

Problem occurs when opening a PDF with these polygons in PDFelement and trying to send it to a paper-printer. If i use PDFelement or PDFCreator to print a PDF out of the CAD-Software there is no difference, the bug seems to happen when viewing in PDFelement and then printing out in paper.

For the image that you attached, is that what the color is supposed to be? Do you have an example of before and after?

yes, thats the colour it´s supposed to be. Only if i print it again it suddenly becomes (in this case) blue. UPDATE: I just found out that its not only paper, but when printing it with wondershare again it suddenly turns blue too. I attached the newly printed file 123-1.pdf.

By the way i got an Update today which i installed, so that should be fine.

Version is 6.7.1.3424, OS is Win 10 pro.

No worries, Felix, I also find it really hard to describe technical issues with words 😅

After opening your attached file, it still shows up as purple for me. I only see blue when my computer screen is tilted back: 

purple.thumb.jpg.294ef03c718ffa0d912b93d2e44b73cb.jpgblue.thumb.jpg.add2a2603cafee8dbd6b9e2535a2413c.jpg

Let me know if the problems continue after you update! Feel free to send me a video clip of your screen. 

Best,

Rebecca

Well that´s exactly the problem, if you compare the 123.pdf and the 123-1.pdf one it switched from red to blue/purple/whatever 😄

This is exactly the same PDF, just printed 1 more time!

Check the attached Screenshot 🙂

Screenshot.JPG

Hey Felix,

Thank you for the video, I see what you mean now. I was looking at the purple lines this whole time 😅

I will link this video to the development team and see what they say.

Really appreciate your patience with me on this one! 

Best,

Rebecca

That explains a lot 😄

Your patience with the bad explaining is also appreciated 🙂

Hope you will have good news for me, we actually use these polygons a lot.

Hey Felix, 

Thanks for following up! 

I will check with the developers to see if they found anything. 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Another 2 weeks passed. Devs seem a little disinterested i guess? 😉

Greetings,

Felix

Hi Felix,

The Red triangle turns into blue/purple after printing to PDF (with both the Wondershare Printer and with the Microsoft Printer) is being reported to our team. 

We did make progress in addressing this problem and will fix it  in the next version. You can test it then.

Thanks for your feedback.

Heidi

Posted (edited)

Sounds good, thx for the update. Any idea when the next update will be there?

Edited by Felix B.

Hi Felix,

It is estimated that the next version will come out in the middle of August. Thanks.