Warren

"Print on both sides of page" persists after finishing

Question

When I choose to print "on both sides of the page" manually, not only does the program continue to do that on subsequent documents but any printing I do, even on other programs, is duplex until I go into PDF Element and manually uncheck the "print on both sides" checkbox.  This is a real pain!  The program should automatically revert to single-side printing when a new document is brought up or the program is closed.

5 answers to this question

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your suggestion. I understand your concern. Currently our program does not revert back to the original print setting. Instead, it remembers the last print setting and keep doing that way.

Our programmers are informed of this issue and do plan to change it in the future updates.

Thanks for your feedback.

Heidi

Hi Heidi

Is there any further information when this update will be available? This issue that the printer default settings are changed is really annoying. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Janosch

Hi Janosch,

Our testers did more test only to find that it is the same with Adobe Acrobat that the printer default settings are changed. 

Let me know if you have other insights.

Heidi

That's interesting.  I never found that problem with Acrobat.  Regardless, must PDFelement blindly follow Acrobat?  It would be a great service to figure out how to change this particular bug and have the program NOT change the printer default settings when duplex printing is employed.  What are the plans to accomplish this?

On 9/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, Warren said:

That's interesting.  I never found that problem with Acrobat.  Regardless, must PDFelement blindly follow Acrobat?  It would be a great service to figure out how to change this particular bug and have the program NOT change the printer default settings when duplex printing is employed.  What are the plans to accomplish this?

Acrobat ist only aplying the settings on other PDF documents printed in Acrobat and only as long as the programm is runing. If you close and open it, the printer settings ar default again. Acrobat does not change the default printer settings!