Sign in to follow this  
Peterpeartree

PDF Element 6 Pro for Mac and MS Office for Mac

Hi

I'm new to this so here goes. I've been using pdf Element on my Windows machine for a couple of years and have recently switched to a Mac (OS High Sierra). I also bought MS Office for Mac. I just bought and downloaded PDF Element 6 Pro for Mac (which is a shame as I needed a separate application), and when I navigate to a directory to open a Microsoft Word document, all the documents are greyed-out, and I can only open pdf files. Can anyone help?

Hi Peter,

Unlike PDFelement 6 Professional for Windows, Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac does not support to convert word or excel file to PDF file. Currently, it only supports the following three kinds of files to be created to PDF files:

---web files (html,htm,webarchive)

---picture files(gif,tiff,jpg,jpeg,bmp,png)

---text files (txt,rtf,rtfd) 

There is another product called PDF Creator for Mac that can help you create PDF from Word, Excel or PPT. You can download the trial version from this link:  http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdf-creator_full2609.dmg

As you are a regular customer to us, I will send this program to you free of charge. Can you please let me know your licensed email address?

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

On 9/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, Heidi Chan said:

Hi Peter,

Unlike PDFelement 6 Professional for Windows, Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac does not support to convert word or excel file to PDF file. Currently, it only supports the following three kinds of files to be created to PDF files:

---web files (html,htm,webarchive)

---picture files(gif,tiff,jpg,jpeg,bmp,png)

---text files (txt,rtf,rtfd) 

There is another product called PDF Creator for Mac that can help you create PDF from Word, Excel or PPT. You can download the trial version from this link:  http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdf-creator_full2609.dmg

As you are a regular customer to us, I will send this program to you free of charge. Can you please let me know your licensed email address?

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

Hello Heidi,

I bought PDFelement 6 Pro through the app store. Based on the descriptions and a review I thought to be able to convert Word to Pdf but was caught by surprise that I couldn't.  Reading your message confirmed to me that this is not possible for Mac users. Is this gonna change in the near future as I need this option and rather reverse my purchase. Regards, Wim Vriend

Hi Wim,

Speaking in a transparent way, we do not have plan to support virtual printer for PDFelement 6 Professional in the near feature. We are willing to offer PDF Creator for Mac for you free of charge even your purchase is from app store. If you would like to get a refund due to this, please contact support center of app store. 

Thanks and best regards,

Heidi