Peterpeartree

PDF Element 6 Pro for Mac and MS Office for Mac

Hi

I'm new to this so here goes. I've been using pdf Element on my Windows machine for a couple of years and have recently switched to a Mac (OS High Sierra). I also bought MS Office for Mac. I just bought and downloaded PDF Element 6 Pro for Mac (which is a shame as I needed a separate application), and when I navigate to a directory to open a Microsoft Word document, all the documents are greyed-out, and I can only open pdf files. Can anyone help?

Hi Peter,

Unlike PDFelement 6 Professional for Windows, Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac does not support to convert word or excel file to PDF file. Currently, it only supports the following three kinds of files to be created to PDF files:

---web files (html,htm,webarchive)

---picture files(gif,tiff,jpg,jpeg,bmp,png)

---text files (txt,rtf,rtfd) 

There is another product called PDF Creator for Mac that can help you create PDF from Word, Excel or PPT. You can download the trial version from this link:  http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdf-creator_full2609.dmg

As you are a regular customer to us, I will send this program to you free of charge. Can you please let me know your licensed email address?

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

On 9/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, Heidi Chan said:

Hi Peter,

Unlike PDFelement 6 Professional for Windows, Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac does not support to convert word or excel file to PDF file. Currently, it only supports the following three kinds of files to be created to PDF files:

---web files (html,htm,webarchive)

---picture files(gif,tiff,jpg,jpeg,bmp,png)

---text files (txt,rtf,rtfd) 

There is another product called PDF Creator for Mac that can help you create PDF from Word, Excel or PPT. You can download the trial version from this link:  http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdf-creator_full2609.dmg

As you are a regular customer to us, I will send this program to you free of charge. Can you please let me know your licensed email address?

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

Hello Heidi,

I bought PDFelement 6 Pro through the app store. Based on the descriptions and a review I thought to be able to convert Word to Pdf but was caught by surprise that I couldn't.  Reading your message confirmed to me that this is not possible for Mac users. Is this gonna change in the near future as I need this option and rather reverse my purchase. Regards, Wim Vriend

Hi Wim,

Speaking in a transparent way, we do not have plan to support virtual printer for PDFelement 6 Professional in the near feature. We are willing to offer PDF Creator for Mac for you free of charge even your purchase is from app store. If you would like to get a refund due to this, please contact support center of app store. 

Thanks and best regards,

Heidi

Hello Heidi,

I also find the same problem concerning the pdfelement6 for Mac, which I just bought. Could you help me with it? Since the most use for me will be converting a docx. file to pdf. file.

Regards,

Gerald

22 hours ago, GeraldDaniel said:

I also find the same problem concerning the pdfelement6 for Mac, which I just bought. Could you help me with it? Since the most use for me will be converting a docx. file to pdf. file.

In your case I think it would be more efficient to directly convert your docx file to pdf in Microsoft Word/Pages instead of going through another application!

11 minutes ago, Rebecca Chen said:

In your case I think it would be more efficient to directly convert your docx file to pdf in Microsoft Word/Pages instead of going through another application!

If I could do that, I would not have needed to buy the software!

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GeraldDaniel said:

If I could do that, I would not have needed to buy the software!

You're unable to save to PDF from your Word/Pages? 😧

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.34.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.34.44 AM.png

If the size of the file exceeds certain MB, then it will not be able to convert it to pdf anymore (not with the hyperlinks). That's why I particularly try to buy this software.

13 minutes ago, GeraldDaniel said:

If the size of the file exceeds certain MB, then it will not be able to convert it to pdf anymore (not with the hyperlinks). That's why I particularly try to buy this software.

Ah, gotcha! I've emailed you your username and code for a copy of PDF Creator for Mac. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Rebecca Chen said:

Ah, gotcah! I've emailed you your username and code for a copy of PDF Creator for Mac. 🙂 

Got it. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 2

Hello Rebecca or Heidi,

I'm afraid I have the same problem as the folks above: I bought PDFelement 6 Pro for Mac thinking the "All-in-one" applied to Macs also, and have been disappointed that I can't use your app to create PDFs from Word or other Office apps (I do realize I can create PDFs from Word itself).  I don't want a refund as I am switching from Adobe to PDFelement as the best alternative to Adobe. Would you please give me a PDF Creator for Mac also? It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

11 hours ago, Steve R. said:

Hello Rebecca or Heidi,

I'm afraid I have the same problem as the folks above: I bought PDFelement 6 Pro for Mac thinking the "All-in-one" applied to Macs also, and have been disappointed that I can't use your app to create PDFs from Word or other Office apps (I do realize I can create PDFs from Word itself).  I don't want a refund as I am switching from Adobe to PDFelement as the best alternative to Adobe. Would you please give me a PDF Creator for Mac also? It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hey Steve,

Sure thing! I've sent you an email 🙂 

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks so much Rebecca - you guys are great. It's a pleasure beginning to work with PDFelement and PDF Creator!

Steve

• Like 1

Hi,

I tried to use the PDF creator. However, is it true that it can only handle a file up to certain MB? My document size was 94MB I could not get it done.

Cheers, Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Can you send us this particular file for further test? 

Normally speaking, there is no limit for file size when it comes to create PDF from Word by using PDF Creator for Mac. 

The backup plan is to use Microsoft Office to save the Word file as PDF. 

Thanks for supporting us. 

Heidi