Question

Recommend adding the ability to navigate documents using the following keyboard keys: Home, End, Page Up and Page Down.  These keys are normally functional in Acrobat and other PDF programs like PDF Expert. 

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Hey Keebo,

PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac supports page up/down by the left/right arrow. However, the home and end options are indeed missing. So our team developed another program called PDFelement Express for Mac to make up for those imperfections: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-express-mac.html

So the Home and End options are now supported by the newly developed product PDFelement Express for Mac by pressing the FN button and left/right arrow at the same time. 

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Heidi

Thanks, Heidi.  I'm afraid I tried using the left/right arrow keys but it only works by advancing the document 2-3 pages at a time.  After after 2 or 3 pages the navigation completely stops and you have to activate the document with the cursor on the screen before it will allow you to move using the arrow keys again.  I think there is a defect in the program that causes the navigation to stop. It does not allow you to continuously move through the document using the left/right arrow keys.  I think making the left/right arrow keys available for page navigation is a great idea and perhaps better than using the page-up and page-down keys which are often not available on some keyboards. But the current programming for the use of these keys appears does not operate properly for the end user.  I hope that the development team will be able to correct this navigation feature of the program to make it work properly. 

As it concerns the Home and End options, it's nice to know that the Express program allows for that type of navigation using the FN and arrow keys, however, I think that should also be included in the Elements 6 PRO version of the program. Those are fairly basic functions and the PRO version of the program is supposed to be the most advanced version of the program with more features and it costs more to purchase this license than it does the Express version.  So, my expectation and hope is that the developers will add the Home and End option to the PRO version of PDF Elements as well. 

Thank your for your time and assistance in addressing these concerns and suggestions. 

Hi Keebo,

Thanks for your concern. Our product manager agreed to develop Home/End/Page Up/Down in updates of PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac. Thanks for your persistence. 

The page up and down by left/right key does not work continuously is because that the focal point will get lost. Anyway, we will fix it soon.

Best Regards,

Heidi