DanS

Comparing Adobe Acrobat

Question

We are in the process of comparing Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 Extended and PDFElement.

One important feature we use continuously is the "Flatten Pages" tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Is there a comparable tool/functionality in PDFElement?

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

Hi DanS,

I am afraid not. We will consider this feature seriously in the future development road map.

Thanks for having your voice heard. 

A different question but Topic related: why some *.pdf documents are searchable in Acrobat Reader v. 19 but NOT in PDF Elements 6 Pro?

Heidi, thanks for your response. May I add a comment saying this feature is extremely important in the financial industry and most likely in the medical world as well. When we work with an editable PDF and request a signature from a client we use the "flatten pages" tool. The flatten tool locks the PDF doc, protecting the doc from any further changes following the signature. We cannot accept a signed PDF that is still editable. Hopefully, the leadership team will see the importance of this feature/tool and implement changes quickly. In the meantime, and I am sorry for saying this, but we will have to remain using Adobe.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:37 AM, DanS said:

Heidi, thanks for your response. May I add a comment saying this feature is extremely important in the financial industry and most likely in the medical world as well. When we work with an editable PDF and request a signature from a client we use the "flatten pages" tool. The flatten tool locks the PDF doc, protecting the doc from any further changes following the signature. We cannot accept a signed PDF that is still editable. Hopefully, the leadership team will see the importance of this feature/tool and implement changes quickly. In the meantime, and I am sorry for saying this, but we will have to remain using Adobe.

Same goes for the Architectural field...Documents must be "flat". Do yo have an alternate method of achieving this to similar effect?

I am afraid not. We will write down your suggestion and try to schedule it in the future. Thanks!