enigmaeon

OCR & Registration

When running PDFElement 6 Pro on my desktop PC, OCR doesn't work at all.  The scanned document is recognized as needing OCR, and when I click "Perform OCR" it processes through to completion, but the new document that opens is not editable at all.  I also tried recognition only and am not able to search on the file either.  I tried downloading the OCR plugins (pdfelement6-ocrv12.exe), but still did not have success.

I tried installing on my laptop, and when I first tried to Perform OCR, it said I didn't have the files to do so.  I installed the same pdfelement6-ocrv12.exe plugin, and OCR worked just fine on my laptop. 

I uninstalled PDFElement 6 Pro completely from my desktop, rebooted, and reinstalled the same way I did on my laptop, but OCR still comes back with an uneditable page.  Is there now a hidden registry setting on my PC that I am needing to purge?  Files I was testing with are attached.

Also, because I was trying on a second device, the registration is now broken on my desktop.  What do I need to do to clear the registrations so that I can reactivate my desktop?

Thank you.

doc04358220181026122850.pdf

doc04358320181026122856.pdf

I tried on another laptop (our standardized office user spec) to make sure that if it was a hardware issue, it would work there, since OCR is a big make or break point for my testing on whether we move to this product as our PDF standard.  I noticed that once the main install was done, the laptop rebooted and I remembered that my laptop had done the same.  After the reboot, I got the OCR plugin installed, opened the files above, and converted without issues. 

I went back to my desktop, uninstalled, rebooted, installed the main program and closed out of the confirmation screen without opening the program itself, had to manually reboot, installed the plugin, and tested with the same files, this time successfully.  Not sure what it is about a reboot between the main install and the OCR plugin, but it worked for me.

Still having the registration issue though.

Hi Enigmaeon, 

Thanks for reporting this. Glad the OCR is working! Not sure which link you used to download but I found that this one (with the OCR included) helps most users: http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelementforbiz.exeI've attached it for future reference! 

In terms of the registration issue, this occurs because each copy of PDFelement can only be registered on ONE device (refer to Wondershare's user agreement). Many users run into this when they are upgrading their computers or hard drives, and you can connect with our support team at pdfelement@wondershare.com to get this fixed once you decide which device you want to keep PDFelement on. 🙂 

Best, Rebecca 

Thank you for the reply Rebecca.  I had downloaded from http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement6-pro_full2990.exe, as that was the link in the registration email that I received.  I will keep the link you provided handy, as I am wanting to move my company to this PDFElement for our long term solution.

I have also contacted the support team for the registration issue, and hopefully they'll be able to help me soon.

Thank you again!

No problem! Happy to help. 🙂 

If you ever have any questions about moving your team over to PDFelement feel free to connect with business[@]wondershare.com. 

I emailed the support team last Tuesday as requested, and still have not received any help regarding being able to re-register my desktop.  Any way to escalate that?

Thank you.

Hi Enigmaeon,

We have deleted the previous registered history. Then you shall be able to use the single-user license to register again.

Hope this helps.