Sign in to follow this  
swisspdf

Character spacing on PDF forms: "form field recognition" vs manual form creation

In the "Proper Spacing" pdf I attached, the squares become generated with automatically proper character spacing for each form field, when I use the "form field recognition" tool. (Please use the "form field recognition" tool to see what I mean here)

How does it do this? What attribute of the form field is it adjusting, so that I may optimize my other PDFs manually?

Proper Spacing.pdf

Just curious if there is a way to specify "character spacing" in form fields, so that I can increase the distance between each letter that gets typed into a form field?

Hey Swiss, 

Thanks for attaching the document! I'll answer your inquiries in order: 

1) I'm not 100% sure of the technicalities behind the recognition technology when it comes to content, but personally, I've had success when there are lines or boxes to indicate answers. 

2) No, there is no option to specify character spacing in form fields. I can see why that would be useful in your case! 

Best, Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, I'm very sad to hear there is no option to specify this, particularly since the automated tool seems to have the ability to do it...

Hi Swiss,

If possible, could you please take screenshot to show me the availability of this feature in another PDF program?

Thanks in advance.