Sign in to follow this  
x1484

Programming with PDF Element ?

Hello,

Is it possible to execute an OCR task on multiple pdf files sitting in a directory for example to convert them to XML or TXT files ?

I'm a C/C# programmer and is there any SDK/API available ?

Thanks so much ! Bye

Francis

Hi Francis,

Currently our Windows does not support batch OCR while our Mac version supports batch OCR. 

Are you on Server environment running Windows system? Yes, we can develop such SDK. But it depends on the final scale.

Let me know if you are considering it. 

Regards,

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply.  My question is purely related to the Windows platform.

In fact i have written a software in C# and I would like to execute pdfelements to scan many files sitting somewhere on the filesystem.  Once that task is done, read the files and inject them in my software.

Is there any way to execute pdfelements via command line using specific arguments to be able to perform that scan job ?

*or* better would it be possible to call functions stored in the pdfelements dll's from C# to be able to do it (the API way) ?

Thanks again, Bye

Francis

Edited by x1484

Hi Francis,

I am sorry that currently there is no way to execute PDFelement via command line. 

FYI, we are running a project to call functions stored in the PDFelement's dll from different languages in the way of SDK. 

But we will do it from the basic, such as convert, comment, form field. So the function you need might not in a high priority. 

But we will develop those step by step. 

By the way,  how many licenses do you need if you confirm the procurement?

Thanks 

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

>But we will do it from the basic, such as convert, comment, form field. So the function you need might not in a high priority. 

Ok but are you also going to call the OCR functionality once the document has been scanned to a pdf or an image ?

Thanks again ! Bye

Francis

Hi Ben,

Thank you for looking into this issue, unfortunatedly, PDFelement 6 Pro for Mac does not support to batch OCR in command line only in batch process as the home page.

Honor your understanding.

All best,

Tia