m.gavioli

PDF Element Server not responding

I have a mixed configuration of terminal server 2016 (by thin client) and PC.

PDF Element Server 2.0.2.237 stop responding some times and i have to restart the service.

So I have updated client & server to the latest version. Now all the clients tells me "The server did not pass your registration application, please contact the administrator" and nobody can modify PDF. On the server I read "UnAuthed | Enable".

Second problem: I have 3 terminal server with "round robin" connection so tha same user my contact the server from 3 terminal server. When i purchased the license you told me that the license was for user by now i see that the same user user 3 licenses. It's not true for me (see in the attached screenshot the user i.delvecchio). I'm m.gavioli.

What can I do?

Error_2.JPG

Error_1.JPG

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. I forwarded this case to our development team and they are investigating this second issue. It might take some time. Thanks for your understanding. I will let you know as soon as I get any update from them.

For the third issue, because of the different IP address, they are recognized as different users. 

For the first issue, we will optimize it to improve its stability step by step.

I will keep you updated soon. 

Thanks.

Hi there,

One important question, can I have your program version number for PDFelement? I bet it is v 6.8.1.

Can you please double check it for us?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

PDF Element is 6.8.4.3921

Server is 2.0.2.237

User connect from different IP but the user is allways the same who connects via round robin for load balancing. Before i purchase the software i made a question about this and Julian told me that this was not a problem because the license was per user. Is it wrong?

Hi there,

Er.. I will say like this, what Julian said is correct. The license is per user. 

What is controversial is that how to define a user.

So for our server version, as long as any of the hardware, computer account changes, it will be recognized as a different user. 

I hope this makes sense.

Any insight is welcomed.

In a terminal server environment, for load balancing you can use the dns "round robin" so the same user can connect to a terminal server or another one but is allways the same user. The same user CANNOT connect to two terminal server at the same time. This is what i told to Julian. We have three terminal server configurated in this way so you tell me now that i have to purchase three licenses for each user? it seems wrong to me.

What about my problem? the server doesn't recognise the users and i cannot modify PDF files. Nobody can do it now, nor i nor the other users and this for almost a week (i'm still testing the software, i'm not in a production enviroment). How cai i solve my problem? is this the right place to post a problem?

Hi there,

This is the right place to post a problem. So no worries. 

For different server environment, as long as the hardware and the computer account stay the same, then it will still be recognized as one user even if connecting to different servers at different time. 

For the problem shown above, frankly speaking, our developers are still trying to work it out. There are two possible attempts we would like to suggest: 1. Restart the PDF server by going to task manager. 2. Try to have the administrator stay offline, but make sure the server can be connected with the local users. 

If none of the attempt helps, then we can set up the remote control or we will have to think another way around. 

Best, 

Hi,

the client uses the same thin client (with Windows 10) and the servers are three virtual VMWARE terminal server (Windows 2016) but on the PDF server the same user appears three times (so 3 licenses are gone). As i said before, the same user cannot connect to multiple server at the same time.

For the other blocking problem, i've tried to restart the service many time but the problem still remain. So what can we do? 

Hi 

For the first issue, I will send you a private email soon. 

Could you please get the log file for the PDF Server for us?

Please go to the installation package of PDF Server and then find the Logs catalog. Send us the whole catalog of Logs via wetansfer.

And could you please upload the Logs file to this link: www.wetransfer.com and our email address is: customercenter.wonder@gmail.com. After you upload it successfully, please confirm back to me, I will download your file to have a further check on our side.

Regards, 

Sorry for keeping you waiting。

We found the problem from the log file.

The log shows that the email and key check failed.

Can you provide us with the email of the license you purchased and the last 6 digits of the 32-bit key? We need to analyze the reasons further.