Dinah

PRINTER'S CROP or BLEED MARKS

Could you develop PDF Element so that it is possible to add printer's cropmarks and bleedmarks to a pdf? This wouldbe  extremely useful.

Secondly, I keep getting a pop up saying I have 3 notifications but where can I find the notifications and read them?

Dinah 

Hi Dinah,

PDFelement can print cropmarks under Poster option. Please see screenshot below.

1944630018_Image3.thumb.png.2e3d40883cb8d01d45a8d815f229bdbd.png

For bleedmarks, I am afraid that currently our program does not support to print bleedmarks but it supports this option in Page Boxes. 

bleedmark.thumb.png.c930e1e7216fcb27881daffe2b432b9a.png

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Thank  you Heidi. When I print with the Poster option and tick cut marks I do get cut marks but my A4 page comes up on the top left page of a set of four pages. So after my printed A4 page with cut marks I also get three blank pages with cut marks. In Wondershrare Printer Options I have marked '1 page per sheet' but this does not make any difference. How can I get cut marks on each A4 page of my document, so that each printed page follows the one before, with no blank pages in between? I want each page (with its cut marks) to come up on one sheet and then the next page (with its cut marks) on the next page. I need the cut marks to indicate the finished printed size of the page as A4. 

Please help. 

Hi Dinah,

Thanks for the explanation. Is it the "remove white margin" option that you want?

205611524_removewhitemargin.thumb.png.44272e9a7f4f7a2ebdc83f7aea6e063d.png

Let me know, please.

No I’m afraid that does not work.  I attach an example of what I want. Here are 2 pages of a book to be printed (by commercial printer) on A5 paper. The cut marks on each page show the printer where to cut the paper after printing. The document was originally created in Microsoft Word  (which can’t put cut marks) and printed as a pdf with the cut marks in  by the Adobe Acrobat program. I would like to be able to do the same with the Pdf Element program.

cutmarks example.pdf

Hi Dinah,

I am afraid that this is an issue of PDF creation instead of printing. 

The feature you need is not available in our program at present. But we can make pre-search on that to see if we can develop it. 

So we tried to create the PDF from Microsoft Word which contains cut marks by the means of Adobe Acrobat printer.  But I am afraid that the cut mark do not get saved in the created PDF. Could you please take a screenshot to show us how you do with the printing setting on the Adobe Acrobat so that it can make the cut marks go through?

Also, the original PDF would be appreciated as well.  

Thanks in advance.