Sign in to follow this  
swisspdf

PDF Fields are not staying visible across pdf readers

Hi all, I am trying to get this PDF viewable across all PDF readers. I think there is a "preview" function being toggled somewhere in the pdfelement field creation. I attached an example. Note that when viewing it only in pdfelement, there are no problems. But if you open it in adobe or chrome, the text appears and disappears. This is an issue as I do not know what program the recipient will be using to read the pdf.

1) On the 2nd page (where fields are) the fields all appear blank
2) I click into the input fields, and the text from my excel spreadsheet appears
3) I click off the input fields, it goes blank again
4) I click into the input field again, add text, click off the field, and the text sticks now

I used the OCR function to generate these fields. Is there a setting I must toggle to change this? Again, PLEASE view this in adobe and chrome to see the issue I'm talking about. This is a critical cross-compatibility issue that must be resolved.

On1 (1).pdf

Edited by swisspdf
added attachment

Hi Swiss,

After checking your PDF in our program, Adobe Acrobat, web browser, we found that the only difference is that the default value "on" for all the form fields on the second page appear visible in our program but not in other programs or web browser. Only when clicking into those form fields mentioned above in Adobe Acrobat or web browser, the default value "on" become visible as well. 

But it is the same for all the programs that there is a default value "on" on those form fields, and clicking into the input field again, add text, click off the field, then the text sticks now Right click the form fields to go to its properties windows setting, it is surprisingly found that there is no default value being set. So our developers are curious how is the form field being added. 

Anyway, we helped clear the default value "on" from all the form fields. Please check attachment below.

Hope this helps.

Best, 

On1-1.pdf