Mickael

Error uninstall : access violation WSUtilities.dll

Hi, 

I tried "PDF password remover" and now i would like to uninstall it.

Whenever I try to uninstall it I have this error  :

Runtime Error (at 61:1957): Access violation at address 0FA57D20 in module 'WSUtilities.dll'. Read of address 00000000.

(cf. there is also a screenshot attached to this post).

I already re-installed it before trying again : same error again

I tried using the "uninstall or change program" window's tool and using directly the unins000.exe file from programmFiles directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare\PDFPasswordRemover): same error each time.

Here are the logs from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare\PDFPasswordRemover\Log" directory

------------------------------ System Information ------------------------------
Processor  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory     : 15.91 GB (17088565248 Bytes)
System     : Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1
Version    : 6.1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Metrics    : 1680 × 1050
Locale     : fr-FR, French (France), français (France)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2018-12-18 16:18:05#  
#2018-12-18 16:18:05#  -----------Wondershare PDF Password Remover Start Version:[1.5.3]-------------
#2018-12-18 16:22:15#  -------------------Wondershare PDF Password Remover End.------------------------
#2018-12-18 16:22:15# 

Can you please help me ?

UninstErrorPdfPasswordremover.PNG

• Like 1

Hi Mickael,

Sorry for the error. Could you please go to this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare\PDFPasswordRemove to delete the whole folder directly?

Let me know if  it helps.

Best, 

Hi Heidi,

thank you for your answer, but the solution you gave me only fits partialy my needs (aka I want to remove all files, folders and data that come from PDFPasswordRemove). I know there are folders and files in my [user]/appdata/ directory; there are also data in the Windows Registry I suppose.

Can you give me a fix for the bug comming from WSUtilities.dll ? So I will be able to run the uninstall.
Or can you give me an exhaustive list of all files, folders and data I should manually remove from my computer ?

I thank you in advance.

Hi Heidi,

thank you for your help.

I followed the linked you gave me and reinstalled the software and I still have the same error when i try to uninstall.

I send you the content of my C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare\PDFPasswordRemove folder for you to check if everything is where it means to be.

Program Files(x86)_Wondershare_PDFPasswordRemover.zip

Have a good day.

• Like 1

Mickael, I duplicate your bug exactly.  I am not able to uninstall PDF Password Remover.

I have to also say nothing in the software worked well.  Specifically:

1) You have to run it as admin (already a bad security design), but the error message they give you when you are not running as admin is horrible.

2) I was never able to test it, because it constantly gave me a message about only being able to decode files that are 5 or fewer pages in length (even though the test file was one page)

3) Every time I started the operation, the program "skips" the file.

To be honest, it looks like this software was never tested, and the fact that the uninstaller fails to even register itself in the Windows 8 registry of installed applications shows they never even attempted to install their software and uninstall it in that environment.

Hi Pone,

Sorry for the bad experience. In response to your concern 2) and 3):

If it can only decode files that are 5 or fewer pages in length, it is probably that it is trial version;

If the program "skip" the file, it is probably that the file has been protected by an opening password. However, PDF Password Remover can only remove the permission password but will skip the file protected by an opening password. 

Hope this makes sense. 

Best, 

20 hours ago, Heidi Chan said:

Hi Pone,

Sorry for the bad experience. In response to your concern 2) and 3):

If it can only decode files that are 5 or fewer pages in length, it is probably that it is trial version;

If the program "skip" the file, it is probably that the file has been protected by an opening password. However, PDF Password Remover can only remove the permission password but will skip the file protected by an opening password. 

Hope this makes sense. 

At this point, the main topic is how do we get your software off our computers, including a correct de-installation of the registry entries?

If the company cannot provide software to do this, maybe you could give us a list of steps of all of the registry entries we need to manually delete, along with any other software artifacts in the Windows 8 OS?

Hi all,

Our development team is checking this issue and will try best to work it out. 

I will update info here as soon as we've got a solution. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Hi all,

Please believe that our team have been keeping trying to find out a possible solution since this program was way too old and its initial developers have all left this company, which making this issue a little bit tricky. 

But we will not stop from this..

Thanks for your understanding. 

Ok guys,
I have analyzed that bullshit.
They set a Registry key that makes it impossible to uninstall that tool.
You have to open Regedit.exe as administrator on your machine.
Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wondershare".
There you can find the key "1313".
Delete the complete key with all it values inside.
Close RegEdit and start uninstallatition in "Programs and Features".
Now a clean uninstall starts up.
Please find the attached screenshot "WS-Uninstall.jpg.

WS-Uninstall.png

Great Thanks to NoHacksPlease , YOU made my day...

To Heidi, your TEAM must be very bad, that thing is done withing seconds..

Shame on you all, will never purchase anything and can't recommend your SW at all!!!!

Lying to customer it's difficult, it's according to NoHacksPlease not at all, and his recommendation works perfect!

Great attribute to NoHacksPlease. Our team find it helpful too. It is comforting to see so much talents attributing to the forum. 

And we will take the accuse for this and try to do better next time. 

Thank you NoHacksPlease! :classic_smile:

Didn't find 1313 key in indicated location, but I saw a different key: 526, that had similar registry values.
Deleted the 526 key, uninstall completed successfully.

Here's some screen snips that might help others.

Wondershare uninstall error2.PNG

wondershare 526.PNG

Noticed some registry garbage left behind, after uninstalling various Wondshare trial apps.
Didn't see any more Wondershare apps in the Win 10 uninstall applications list

Backed up key, just in case, then deleted it.

goodbye_wondshare.PNG