novedkyle

Text Comments disappear

Hello,

When I type Text Comments to fill in a PDF form, they disappear as soon as I click on something else. Additionally, the text is not present when I save the document or try to send it via email, which defeats the purpose of a PDF editor. I don't want to add a text box as I don't want a border, how can I just add some text to a document? This has been going on for sometime and I see no improvement.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response due to the New Year holiday. 

I read your comments but do not quite get it. Do you want to add text comments or do you want to fill in a PDF form? If you refer to add comments to a PDF file, you can go to Comment>Text Box or Comment>Typewriter.

For Typewriter, there is no visible boundary; For Text Box, there is a visible boundary for the text.

If the comments added disappear when sending it via email, it could be that the annotations have been hided. 

395665008_Image1.thumb.png.3aead0b73354b77d5b8f7156e7bcf8e3.png

Let me know if this does not help. Also, sending your PDF to us will also be helpful in addressing your issue. 

Thanks and best, 

Heidi,

Thank you for your response. I am using Mac and can't find the "Hide Annotations" button. This happens when I am trying to fill in a PDF form and return it back to the sender via email. I took video of the issue occurring and tried to upload it several times without success. How can I upload a .mov file here?

Devon

Hi Devon,

Could you please upload your video file to this link: www.wetransfer.com and our email address is: customercenter.wonder@gmail.com. After you upload it successfully, please confirm back to me, I will download it to have a check on our side.

By the way, what is the program version you are using? 

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Hi Devon,

Thanks for recording and sharing this video with us. 

Our developers did regard it as a bug though our side fail to replicate this issue after testing many files. 

Could you please send us that PDF for further test?

Thanks for your cooperation in advance. 

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your reply. Wait, you were unable to replicate the text disappearing? Is there a way to add text to a document without creating a text box? Or is there a way to create a text box that is completely invisible with no border while still being able to see the text? Unfortunately, this same thing has happened with multiple documents, here is the document shown in the video clip. reciprocity form 2010[2].pdf

Hi Novedkyle,

Yeah, even though we are unable to replicate the text disappearing by internal test, the file you attached will be forwarded internally further test. 

The alternatives of adding text without adding text box, is to use the typewriter under Comment option. 

Or you can go to Edit>Text to add text directly wherever you want. 

Once we are able to replicate it and fix it, I will keep you updated. 

Best,