Sign in to follow this  
vabeach1

OCR Download Problem

Question

I'm a new user of PDFelements Pro 6.8 and I have two questions:

1.) Editing a scanned document: I find that I am unable to Edit some scanned files. I open the file using the Edit command, drag select some type and try to delete. Nothing happens... no change at all. Does it have something to do with the scanned file, or am I doing something incorrectly?

2.) OCR: I open a file in Edit and select OCR from the Edit tab. A window open allowing me to select a search or edit option. After selecting the edit option the screen changes to show the download progress along with a message that long file may take a few minutes, and then... after a moment or two I see that PDFelement is "not responding". Any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

1 answer to this question

Hi Vabeach1,

For the issue 1, it is because the scanned PDF cannot be edited directly. It requires the execution of OCR to make the scanned PDF become editable. 

For the issue 2, the not responding issue might be caused by the overflowing memory. It is advised to try again. If it runs into the same situation, then it is advised to split the scanned PDF into two smaller PDFs. Then you can perform OCR for the two PDFs one by one. 

Thanks for your support.