Frederic Lemaire

Automate pdf filling with mailmerge

Question

Hi Guys !

I purchased pdfelement to automate part of my day to day work. I am a mac user.

I am working as an ED physician and i have a ton of printed radiologic reports from patients i saw in the past weeks. I scan those reports and i am easily able extract data to a .csv file. The data i am extracting is pretty simple : Addresses, phone number, dates... My goal is to then mailmerge those data in a standardized pdf letter to the patient.  I am having a lot of difficulty to import those data into a pdf form fields. I can "Import Data" in a form field but it must be a FDF file. I look a lot on the net and it seems that you need acrobat reader to create and manage FDF file... The only way i see is to scan the printed report, parse the data with PDFelement to .csv and then mail merge via template letter in microsoft word on mac. It's quite annoying because i would love to be able to use PDFelement to create my letter template.  It would be SUPER useful if we could mailmerge directly in PDFelement.. it's a feature included in acrobat DC for quite a long time.

It's there something i am missing ? Are you planning on adding this ?

Thank you for your time

Frederic

Edited by Frederic Lemaire
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

I am very disappointed that this basic feature is not supported.  Can you please explain why?  Apparently, the paid version of Adobe allows this, with an extra plug in. 

Is there any work around?  Having the ability to automatically fill in certain fields from an excel file is pretty basic stuff; so I am wondering why you don't provide this functionality.

Curtis

Hi Curtis,

I am afraid that there is no workaround at present. Sorry for the inconvenience caused...

This feature is a bit complicated and require more research and analysis. We will do our best. 

Hi Frederic,

You are not missing anything. Mailmerge is not available in PDFelement..To be honest, this feature is not planned for next year. For long-term plan, I can't say for sure whether this feature will be added or not. 

Thanks for your consideration.