Rich Burk

How do I shrink file size of PDFs?

Hello! I'm new to this program and looking forward to using it. I've just combined 26 scans into one PDF file, and it's created a 35mb file. When I used to do this in Adobe Acrobat (I owned it on an old laptop a long time ago), it gave me the option of "optimizing" the PDF to make it a smaller file size. I'd like to do that with this product. Is it possible? Thanks in advance?

Do you work with PDFelement on Windows or macOS? You can try our "Optimize" feature to reduce the file size.  For Windows, you can click File menu and choose Optimize as below:

Optimize.png

This is PERFECT! Thanks so much. Exactly what I needed. I see now that I needed to open the new file after it had been created --- what was throwing me off was that Acrobat has the "optimize" option during the combining process. Now I know... and the file came out great (and was only 4MB). Thanks for answering so quickly and efficiently!

Hi Rich,

Actually, after combining, the new created PDF file will be opened in our program automatically, then you can click the File>Optimize button to compress it. There is no need to open the new created file manually.

We are glad that our program is helpful for you, thanks for your support!

I am presently evaluating the trial version of PDFelement 6 prior to purchase, comparing it to Adobe Acrobat DC. I absolutaly need the Reduced Size or more detailed Optimized function. Above, Daphne writes "Do you work with PDFelement on Windows or macOS? You can try our "Optimize" feature to reduce the file size.  For Windows, you can click Filemenu and choose Optimize as below:" Then you propose the solution for a Windows user only.

I am working on the Mac version, 6.7.12.3422, on macOS 10.14.5. In the trial version of PDFelement 6, the File>Optimize option does not appear. When I use Save As which leads to the Trial Version panel, I select Save with WaterMark. But this route does not offer the Optimize option either. 

Question – does the Optimize feature not appear (i) because I am on the Mac version of PDFelement 6, or (ii) because I am using the trial version of PDFelement 6?

For me, this does not work. I am on Windows. 

no matter what Option I use, it does nothing

image.png.60c358e9bfea461c51d1cc949c82bdb5.png

also, contrary to the trainings video, there is no option for custom optimization, like changing the image dpi.

What am I overseing?

Hi Gmowat,

I am afraid that PDFelement 6 does not support optimize files. PDFelement 6 pro does.

Hi Bdolleschal,

From the screenshot, it had told the final size after optimze. If there is no more room to reduce, then it has little different whether you choose low. medium,or high.

Honor your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Tia

Hi, actually it does not do ANY optimization :( not a bit. And I miss the custom optimization option as shown in the training video

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Digitize paperwork and accelerate the way you create, prepare and sign documents.

Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, & Android.

Try Free Buy Now
Start your free trial!

Skip and Download

Start your free trial!

Skip and Download