Sign in to follow this  
KSLECK

OCR Component cannot be installed, kept retry download

Posted (edited)

The OCR module need to be download before use. After downloading the module, the module was not able to load to the program, instead, the module was kept retry downloading, again and again.

1. In PDFElement, open any PDF file.
  2. Go to [Convert] tab, click [OCR]
  3. in the first time, the PDFElement will prompt that [OCR Component Download] window, and request to download OCR module, choose [Click to Download]1855151220_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload1.PNG.0291e97e06a0722edf17b46b09971e1b.PNG
  4. download process kept retrying
  5. 1960294113_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload2.PNG.0500771eaeed5d77763728e5f5a3112b.PNG2074686_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload3.PNG.70d312ffe173606010a702800549d196.PNG1853152370_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload4.PNG.84948d5cedcf747c01690a5ba76cfb56.PNG
  6. Restart PDFElement does not resolve the issue (reproducible).

PDFElement Version 7.0.0.4220

Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 

p.s. shall I open a topic for each issue, or shall I combine the issue into one topic?

Edited by Kheng Swee Leck

20MAY2019 @ 2023
1st TEST of operation:

****My first test would to open a previously made pdf file from images I have taken through my phone and converted it into an pdf file.

pdf7PRO)_FULL prompted me if i wanted to OCR the document.

1. I opened the file and then OCR-ed the document.
2. OCR was not found, therefore it then prompted me to download the component that is needed to perform the operation.
3. First several attempts of downloading the OCR library component FAILED. The message read, "It is retrying... please wait"
4. 3 Actions were performed to try to alleviate the problem:
    a. I reset my internet
    b. rebooted the program
    c. rebooted the entire OS

All actions were executed in separate consecutive actions to see if this would alleviate the problem of the program trying to connect to the wondershare server to download the OCR component.

5. Multiple attempts later, those sequence of events did not rectify the issue. At this point the OCR function for this beta is unusable and not able to be performed at this time.

6. UNINSTALLED pdfpro7_FULL.

20MAY2019 @ 2035
7. REINSTALLED pdfpro7_FULL.
8. Install performed with same desktop symptoms as described above under "installation".
9. Opened the program to attempt yet again, the download of the OCR library component....
10.Same message stated as above in attempting to download the OCR library component... see above #3 for description.

At this point in time for this particular feature, I am unable to test it for my system. The OCR function is the main objective of this beta test for me. As I derive most of the pdf creation from text through the OCR. Until this  problem is fixed, I am unable to assess the extent of this feature.

VERDICT:
TEST IS INCOMPLETE.   -20MAY2019 @ 2040....

I do agree with the above user, we seem to share the same issue.

WIN10 PRO

PDF VERSION:

THE ONE YOU SENT ME VIA EMAIL.

A LOT of the functions (convert):

I could not test were due to the fact that it was required to have the OCR Library downloaded in order to get the text recognized.

If we could get this resolved quickly then we can proceed to test other areas of this program.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your feedback, you can continue issue your feedback under this post, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

For the OCR plugin, I am so sorry that I may send you to non-OCR embedded link that cause the OCR download failed. I am so sorry about that, then please use the link below to install a OCR embedded package. So sorry for all the inconvenience that brought to you all.

URL: https://send.firefox.com/download/47613cefd07b16ff/#YhpQbMCqQkb1oVZuG1Y3lg

Good day,

Bella

On 5/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, KSLECK said:

The OCR module need to be download before use. After downloading the module, the module was not able to load to the program, instead, the module was kept retry downloading, again and again.

1. In PDFElement, open any PDF file.
  2. Go to [Convert] tab, click [OCR]
  3. in the first time, the PDFElement will prompt that [OCR Component Download] window, and request to download OCR module, choose [Click to Download]1855151220_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload1.PNG.0291e97e06a0722edf17b46b09971e1b.PNG
  4. download process kept retrying
  5. 1960294113_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload2.PNG.0500771eaeed5d77763728e5f5a3112b.PNG2074686_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload3.PNG.70d312ffe173606010a702800549d196.PNG1853152370_WondersharePDFElement-OCRDownload4.PNG.84948d5cedcf747c01690a5ba76cfb56.PNG
  6. Restart PDFElement does not resolve the issue (reproducible).

PDFElement Version 7.0.0.4220

Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 

p.s. shall I open a topic for each issue, or shall I combine the issue into one topic?

22 hours ago, Tia said:

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your feedback, you can continue issue your feedback under this post, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

For the OCR plugin, I am so sorry that I may send you to non-OCR embedded link that cause the OCR download failed. I am so sorry about that, then please use the link below to install a OCR embedded package. So sorry for all the inconvenience that brought to you all.

URL: https://send.firefox.com/download/47613cefd07b16ff/#YhpQbMCqQkb1oVZuG1Y3lg

Good day,

Bella

Have had the same issue, uninstalled 2 time and was not able to run the OCR installation successfully.

Hi,

Have had the same issue with the OCR plugin installation, uninstalled 2 time and was not able to run the OCR installation successfully.

MaOS Mojave, 10.14.4

Can I have the download link for mac .dmg.

Thanks

FJ

Sign in to follow this  

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro