Rudolf Bock

PDF Optimizer settings are not so “Pro” as in the v6

The PDF Optimizer in version 7 seems to not be that “professional” as in the version 6. …which is sad, really.
But maybe it’s just a bug? Maybe the “Pro” features are not enabled in this Beta.

New PDF Optimizer.png

• Like 1

I also haven PDF 6 Pro and it has more features than this one.  When I open PDF 7, it only allows me to open and edit  a PDF file.   When I open PDF Pro 6, it also has options to create pdf, combine pdf, convert pdf, batch process and templates. Will there be a Pro version of PDF Element 7?  If so , what additional features will it have?

Hi Rudolf and Andrea,

The create PDF, you can go>"File">"Create">“PDF from File”.

For Conversion, Combine, and other feature, you can find it in "Tool" .

For we are design to the interface simpler for edit, annotate, we hide the tools in side bar. It may take a little more time to learn. Honor your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Tia

I was able to find create pdf file and understand that the option to create from a blank file is not available in the Beta but will be in the final version.  However, when I go to tool, the only options are add/edit watermark, add or edit background, add or edit background, add or edit headers/footers, ocr recognition, and batch process. I don't see conversion or combine. I have looked at all the drop down menus. Where are they?

Hi there,

Conversion and combine are under "Batch Process" for you information.

For we have a new UI, it may take time to get familiar. Honor your understanding.

Hope that helps,

Tia 

Hello

Ok I successfully converted documents to  both word and powerpoint.  What a difference between PDF Element Pro 6 and PDF Element 7. The documents covert so much better in 7.  The Powerpoint in 7 looked just like the PDF file and was easy to navigate; the powerpoint in Pro 6 did not convert well - even the colors were totally off.  I converted a basic document to word in both and 7 duplicated it perfectly; 6 put a box around it.  Then I converted a pdf file that had text within boxes. 6 did not convert well (see attached); 7 was fine except for one case where I needed to move up a line to fit everything in the box (see attached as it converted and my fix.) I am a fan of PDF Element 7!  FYI I think that a manual that is very clear and easy to follow will be very helpful.  Element 7 is much easier to use and navigate once you know how - it's not all intuitive without some instructions.

Sample Word 6.docx

Sample 7.docx

sample 7 fixed.docx

• Like 1

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro