Andrea Booth

Problem with filling in a line in a column

I am attaching a sample page from a document I complete each year using PDF Element (most currently PDF Pro 6).   On Pro 6, I can select text and then size the box to fit the Yes or No column and put in a checkmark or yes or no.  On PDF 7, I tried to same thing and was able to get the text box but could not get the box to be correctly sized in the right location and then put a check mark or a yes or no. 

sample .pdf

Hi there,

Thank you for your file and detailed description.

I have tested the file on our end, I can add text fields, check box on these two columns. I afraid that I see not problem here. May you provide more information for a further check?

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Have a nice one,

Tia

I am now able to to use the text menu to type in yes or no in the appropriate box. I also  tried to use the form /add checkbox. It puts a  blank box on the document. When I try to put  a check mark in the blank box. It took awhile to figure out that it opens in preview view and I was able to put in blank box in that view. If I change to edit, I can edit what is there but not add anything. If it's in preview I cannot put in the check mark. So I had to change from preview (where I put in the blank box) to edit view. Is that how it is supposed to work?

Also when I was trying to figure it out, a menu came up on the right that included the ability to put in a circle instead of a check mark.  I can't figure out what I did to get that menu.  How do you get to that menu?  Thank you

Hi there,

Version 7 has a new style of UI, and it may take a little more time to get familiar with it. Honor your understanding, the detailed step is attached below:

Have a nice day,

Tia

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 9.24.05 AM.png

Ok got it - it wasn't intuitive to me but now it makes sense.  Hopefully this will all be covered in a manual. Thx.

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro