Michael R Guidry

How to register PDF Element 7? Frustrated

Bought 2 separate copies of PDF Element Pro 6, one a month or so ago, another last night for a new laptop. Got a notice this morning that V7 is out and I am entitled to a free upgrade.  Downloaded and installed V7. Have killed over an hour trying to figure out how to register the new version. The "buy now" button shows. I tried creating an account and logging in, but that doesn't help. 

Both of my copies or V6 are registered and work fine. Searched for help on registration and all that comes up are instructions for V6. The instructions for V6 say there is a "register now" button in the upper right. Of course, my new version just offers a buy now button and a log in button. Logging in does nothing.

Please help.

Wondershare most definitely does not follow the standard used by most macOS software when upgrading to a new version; while I have a Windows 10 virtual machine operating on my iMac, I do not have the Windows version of PDFelement, and therefore, cannot talk to how the installation process in Windows functions. The real issue is that the e-mail notice from Wondershare is sorely lacking in terms of providing accurate instructions.

Anyway, like you, I upgraded to PDFelement this morning and wound up e-mailing support. As an engineer and analyst I have this annoying habit of trying to find a solution. So, here is the process I followed to get the upgrade:

1. Go to the PDFelement home page.
  2. In the menu bar go to Downloads and choose the edition of PDFelement that you currently have.
  3. Depending on you browser settings, the installer will either download into your Downloads folder or prompt you to select a location.
  4. Once the disk image (.dmg) in macOS or executable (.exe) in Windows has been downloaded, double-click the installer to install PDFelement.
  5. When you run PDFelement for the first time, you should be prompted to enter the license key.

Most software permits upgrades through the software, but a few months ago I began having an issue with PDFelement 6 Pro repeatedly failing to connect to the Wondershare server when I would check for updates. The methodology for updating/upgrading PDFelement is very odd.

Thanks for the prompt attempt at help. Unfortunately, they are using a different registration for the upgrade. I saw went to the page whose link I was sent.

https://pdf.wondershare.com/contest/pdfelement-7-release.html?utm_source=edm&utm_medium=edm0605-freeupgradepe7&utm_campaign=wspe

It looked like sharing the announcement might have been required so I clicked the link and tweeted it. It then checked my eligibility and said to just login after installing the new version. I downloaded and installed V7 and then logged in from within the app. That registered the app.

Thanks.

I still cannot get into ver 7 - paid for 6 last year, thought the free update was done ok, the account shows good till june 2020 but it still wants me to pay - someone help please.

Hi there,

If you have successfully upgraded, your account information will look as the screenshot showed.

Please refresh your account information, or can you send me a screenshot for a check?

Have a nice day,

Tia

yearly.png

Hello

Impossible to upgrade my pro6 licence to v7 as proposed by the mail that I've received

What can I do?

BR

WONDER PDF V7.jpg

WONDER PDF V6.jpg

Guest Michael R Guidry

After I got the email about the upgrade, I wound up on the page I linked above implying the upgrade required sharing the news. I don't know if that was required, but didn't mind doing it. After that, it showed I was eligible for the upgrade. Downloaded and installed.

After you install it, you need to log in with whatever credentials you created for the Wondershare site. It then validated and displays my Wondershare user name up in the right hand corner.

It's been a month, so I may be forgetting something. They should be clearer about it.

Hello, I had the same issue. Seems Wondershare does his share of confusion. Pun intended. I even ended up installing a paid version 7 next to a paid version 6 pro.

Solved it this way:

- uninstall everything
- install the pro version from the site (you will notice after installing that this will be the nowhere - except in this forum - mentionned 7 pro) 

I asked a refund for the basic 6 version.   

Rgrds.

Edited by Jurgen Tuttens

Hello Jurgen

Unfortunatly it seems that that don't work ..

I have uninstall pdf6, erase the folder on my disc, re install pdf 7, and I can't register.. 

WOND PDF 7--2019-06-21 123442.jpg

Guest JimC

The lack of any sort of support for PDFelement is ridiculous. Their webmaster must have quit because the online web site has many problems.

Terrible service trying to upgrade to PDFelement 7 Pro. No responses from Sales or Customer Support. Paid through PayPay for an upgrade to PDFelement 7 Pro. Received no confirmation from Sales or Customer Support. Tried to login and forgot password. Impossible to obtain reset password since WonderShare has never sent confirmation code back to me. Awful support or rather no support at all.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:39 PM, BGS said:

Hello Jurgen

Unfortunatly it seems that that don't work ..

I have uninstall pdf6, erase the folder on my disc, re install pdf 7, and I can't register.. 

Sorry I can't help either.  This worked for me.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Digitize paperwork and accelerate the way you create, prepare and sign documents.

Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, & Android.

Try Free Buy Now
Start your free trial!

Skip and Download

Start your free trial!

Skip and Download