Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeHii

Your alternative PDF all-in-one suite, cheaper, better, faster.

Guest MikeHii

I was fortunate to score the chance to review an upgrade to my existing PDF viewing suite with Wondershare from PDFelement 6 Pro with their newest revision of the PDFelement 7 Pro. This full featured documentation viewer fortifies it’s features from its predecessor with easier editing of text and graphics, Enhanced security features, it’s ever powerful OCR suite and much more.
PDFelement is not the only fish in the water, having negative experiences from the leading industrial standard Adobe I looked to the internet for an alternative and Wonderware seemed to provide just as many features for smaller than fraction of its price, with an option for perpetual licensing too!
Wondershare is a diverse international software-based company from China that specializes in providing leading computer (Windows and Mac) and internet-based applications to worldwide users. One of the programs I shall be reviewing today as mentioned before is their PDF editing suite PDFelement Pro in its 7th iteration.
The overall goal that Wondershare seems to try to achieve in its application is to treat any PDF file as if it were a document file instead. Having simpler, yet more direct methods of fully utilizing its commands allows powerful editing within a few clicks. A few of its primary features include the editing of PDF text and images, turning paper scans of any document into editable documents, creation of PDF forms from multiple document sources, reverse-conversion of PDF documents to a plethora of other formats (including HTML and image) and high-grade encryption; making any hard looking task a walk in the park.. 
Installation
Prior to the download, you are presented with several options: To try it out, pay a subscription service, or the option to buy it as a perpetual license. To get things out of the way, the trial version does everything the professional version would do, with the exception of stamping a watermark on every document you output.
Like most programs today, the installation portion was very straight forward. The product is provided to you as an all in one installer and within a few clicks, and a change of address if necessary, send you on your way to their premium suite within minutes.
If you happened to be an existing user from PDFelement 6 Pro, they provided you an option to upgrade to version 7 of their program for free for a year.
User-Interface
Upon opening the program, you’ll find the user interface very minimalistic. The Ribbon tab shows you the following self-explanatory tabs: File, Home, View, Comment, Edit, Page, Form, Protect, Share and Help. There is a side navigation bar that takes up a tiny amount of space which when hovered upon shows you page editing features: Thumbnail, bookmark, annotation, attachment and search. Everything about its user interface screams simplicity, Where you should be able to get to any command within 3 clicks. The buttons are large and its icons straight forward to allow easy visual recognition. It’s color tone similarly represents Microsoft Word  in a blue-white theme but PDFelement having a more purple hue instead of blue. Overall the visual represents a more Office document editing software-esque feeling than your generic PDF editing editor and gives you more freedom when trying to edit a PDF document.
Performance
The first thing you realize with this program is that it takes a bit more processing time when you open up a document even more so the case if the file is bigger. It is then apparent that PDFelement also has some graphic issues outputting seamless page scrolling and it tends to lag between pages and sometimes refresh its pages before fully displaying a page. 
Once you look past that though PDFelement starts working its magic, hitting control while scrolling allows zooming into your document and holding down the scroll button pans your page. It’s features all act similarly, a click on the right ribbon and your second click to your specific function and a final click to perform the function. Overall every feature works like clockwork
 The OCR is very powerful and can process a document within mere seconds, minutes if the file is bigger. The recognition is very accurate and groups texts in boxes as part of its intelligent paragraph recognition technology to maintain document format.
Its security features are feature rich, allowing you several encryption settings and page behaviors all in one menu. You can search and redact specific words all in one step, and sign the document in the same ribbon.
Conclusion
Having used Adobe prior to my experience with Wondershare, I wish I had known about them a lot sooner. The fear I had about PDF editing went out the window with it’s easy to use commands and the emphasis on simplicity. I’ve managed to impress my colleagues and friends with my ability to convert what should have been a simple request to something that looked like it’d had been one by a professional , with surprising efficiency as well. While I find the performance of it’s PDF-viewing component a little slow and lackluster compared to other programs in its industry, every other feature it provides knocks them out of the water with ease and efficiency. 
I’ll be looking forward to seeing what other features they can bring out.

Guest Disapointed

Unfortunately it's great reviews like this that made me purchase this program, only to find out it lacks some of the necessary functions of Adobe. Not everyone will need the ability to measure and scale, however many in my industry will find this program useless without it. Unfortunately I made the assumption, after seeing multiple reviews saying "Adobe Replacement", that this program would be an all in one replacement and never even thought to verify it had the necessary features. It was my oversight, therefore no refund, but now I'm forced to find another actual adobe alternative.

Nice information shared!

I suggest you can also try it Stillbon PDFelement is the comprehensive toolset of PDF editor is a powerful all-in-one PDF solution that provides several tools for working with PDF. It is possible to convert PDF to Word, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, DOCX, RTF, converting files like Word, JPG, HTML, MOBI, FB2, PPT, Excel,  PNG, BMP, DOCX, RTF to PDF. The tool assures for a safe and secure solution to manage PDF files. It provides 100% accurate Data Format with the help of form data extraction feature.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro