Bob Gardiner

How to embed fonts

I have a file where I have ONLY used one font type (Tw Cen MT). When I check the pdf for embedded fonts, that is embedded, but a few variations of Arial also appear, including one set of ArialUnicodeMS that is embedded and another that is not. Firstly, where do these come from? Believe me, I've checked: deleted every item to check for anything hiding and re-inserted it, and confirmed the font again. For the life of me, I don't know where these objects are. Secondly - perhaps most importantly - how do I embed it? I cannot publish my file if it includes un-embedded fonts. I've seen some things that promised this capability in PDFElementPro 6.1... I'm using 7.0.3.4309.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Bob,

I am so sorry about the inconvenience that brought to you.

If the embedded font is not support by our program, it will replace the font with a similar one.

Then pleasee download the font you need to your local Font Library, reopen our program again. Then the font will be listed to use.

Hope that helps,

Tia

This is not my issue. I need to embed the (unused) ArialUnicodeMS... where there is another line in my fonts properties (as seen when checking on Adobe Reader) that already lists it as embedded. So the font is both embedded and not within the same file. How do I embed all of them? Tw Cen MT which is the only font I have actually used in the file is embedded. So I need to know:

1)  how to embed a font using PDFElement Pro

and/or

2) how to remove a font I haven't used in my file.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro