David Dapper

No Option to Save Form on iPad

I’m new to PDFElement on my iPad.  After I fill in a pdf form and tap the arrow at the top left of the screen I’m not given an option to save the completed document, which I thought was how one saves a document.  It just takes me back to the main screen with list of folders.  There is a saved version in my iCloud folder where the original document was, but only the checkboxes and signature I added to the form are saved—none of the text I filled in in the various boxes on the form is saved.

Is this a bug or a peculiarity of the form I am trying to save?

Hi David,

I am so sorry about the inconvenience that brought to you.

Could you please let me know if this happens when you open a particular file or with all the files?
If it occurs to one particular file, your assistance in sending us the PDF file would be helpful in locating this issue. 

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tia

4 hours ago, Tia said:

Hi David,

I am so sorry about the inconvenience that brought to you.

Could you please let me know if this happens when you open a particular file or with all the files?
If it occurs to one particular file, your assistance in sending us the PDF file would be helpful in locating this issue. 

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tia

Here’s the file I’m unable to save after the form has been flled in.

STD 204 Payee Data Record.pdf

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

I have tested your file on our end. And you might not found the correct step the fill a form on ipad devices. You need to fill one form at one time. The edge of text field turns orange when its editing, then you need click "Done" after typing, and the edge of the field turns dark. Then the fill in process is done.

Hope that explains,

Tia

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice—I was able to save and complete the form.  But now I have another problem.  The completed document looks fine in PDFElement, but when I open the saved document in Acrobat Reader, for example, the font of the filled-in text is different and the text no longer fits within the text box in the form, and I don’t know of any way to adjust the font size or change the font on a pdf document.

Can you help?

Thanks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro