WardXmodem

Selecting a small graphic selects all graphics

What a wonderful program!   I OCRed a letter, and had only 3 minor typos.

Summary/Short version: selecting a single graphic near the top of a 1 page PDF selected all the (graphic?) boxes around text further down.

What was it doing?  trying to select the small graphic I got a vertical dotted line down the middle of the page as if it were a border of a HUGE selection "or something".

The top of the letter contains a graphic, say "&", and text "Smith     Jones" with the graphic "&" in the middle.

The OCR process placed the graphic "&" in the middle of "Jones" so I wanted to select it and move it.

I was unable to select and move the "&", so spent time on the internet searching, and through the forums, the only tip I got was the obvious thing I'd tried - selecting the arrow icon at the top left to use it to select the graphic.   However, as soon as I moved the cursor into the document, it became a "+", rather than arrow.   "OK, I thought, that's a cursor to draw a box around what I want", but no. 

Eventually by selecting the "Smith     Jones" text out of the way -- for I thought it was interfering with selecting the graphic, I "somehow" got the 4-headed move arrow, and moved the graphic.   Yay!

No, "Boo!"  it had - invisibly because it was below the bottom of the screen -- it moved the boxes around some text, partially off screen, and had vertical bars in the wrong place.

I painstakingly moved the text back into the boxes, and "gave up", saving the document with a nice header "Smith <graphic &> Jones" but parts of the text boxing missing.

Since I already sent you the file, I'm not sure what you're looking for. 

If you OCR that file, you'll see the problem in the resulting file.  

But here's a copy of that, too.

Summary: I want to move the image "&" but cannot select it.   The icon on the top left consisting of the I-beam text selector and the arrow image selector, selects the entire page.  If I eventually use the 4-headed-arrow to move the "&", then the border lines around the text lower down on the page also move.  i.e. I can't select specific images

D&B as OCRed with graphics unmoved.pdf

I just OCRed a sales receipt, with writing on it.

Sure enough, just as above, you can't select and move the graphics individually - it always selects the entire page. 

Am I in the wrong place to ask for help??

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro