Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frans Brackel

Data extraction from PDF to multiple rows

Guest Frans Brackel

Hello all,

I am new to PDF element and we are evaluating the software currently. Basically the business has a requirement to convert PDF documents of customers, these documents contain weekly delivery schedules of items. We would like to extract the data from the PDF files batchwise and import it to an Excelsheet.

I have checked the option forms > data extraction > data extraction from marked PDF. In the PDF document I have defined two sets of fields, one related to item1 and one to item2. When I run the data extraction I have to choose one of the sets and it is not possible to add a second set (it is greyed out). 

Question: is it possible to the extract data from PDF document with two sets? If so how to do so?

Guest Frans Brackel

Hello Ella,

Thanks for your feedback. I already saw this video but does not answer my specific question. 

The problem is that I have a PDF document, this document contains information which is tabular oriented but demonstrates per PDF page information of two items. Per item a delivery schedule is presented of quantities per week. To visualize it looks like:

Item       123                                                   Item 456

Week 1  Quantity wk1                  Week 1  Quantity wk1

Week 2 Quantity wk2                   Week 2 Quantity wk2

Week 3 Quantity wk3                   Week 3 Quantity wk3

Week 4 Quantity wk4                   Week 4 Quantity wk4

>> We are looking for a tool which can convert the data of the PDF document, which is tabular oriented to row oriented, so to visualize we would expect:

Item      Week1                 Week2                 Week3                 Week4

123        Quantity wk1     Quantity wk2     Quantity wk3    Quantity wk4

456        Quantity wk1     Quantity wk2     Quantity wk3    Quantity wk4

>> Can PDF Element convert a PDF which is set-up as above mentioned, if so, how to set-up and configure? Is it for example possible to use two sets? See below mentioned image, we would like to use both sets on one PDF document, know we can only choose one. Why is the + ‘grey-ed’ out?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Get started with PDFelement today.

Try PDFelement Pro Try PDFelement Pro